Graphic Recording Example 2 event was a conference in Northern Queensland for BHP Billiton staff and managers. The conference focused on the areas of work environment and team building.
Graphic Recording Example 2: The Process
The process was as follows:
- Phil from Comic Express studio attended a meeting in BHP offices, to meet with a team brainstorming the event and discussed what they were hoping to include, image wise. The result was the decision to use a train image to represent the team and the journey they were on.
In the train mural, it included the engine and several carriages that represented different aspects that needed to be addressed. Within the carriage was to be a range of passengers of all different types. The smoke and the rest of the image, also would have significance.
- Once this was decided, it was felt that it could be printed up as a large mural, to put on the wall. And as each session happened, the attendees could add their ideas around that carriage. This would give a stimulating visual, representing the discussion, but allow interaction and response from those attending.
- For the day, the mural was printed up by the company and sent to the conference location, to be set up on the wall and used as planned.
- During the day it was decided to not have people write on it, but capture their responses elsewhere. The image became a catalyst to stimulate discussion, and at the end everyone signed it, as a way to remember the event and record their involvement.
Graphic Recording Example 2: Final Product
The final mural poster was then displayed at the head offices and has been kept as part of their planning.
6. As an outcome of the conference, Phil provided images of the mural to be used for training purposes.
Graphic Recording Example 2: Testimonial
I used Phil Judd, from Comic Express, for one of our function biggest event, we used him to illustrate the concept of the business in a comical way and it was very well received by the audience.
Phil was great to deal with; he attended to all my queries with patience and in a timely manner. I was given the chances to review the drafts, and make changes where I saw fit. Phil seems to have lots of experience, and I sometimes found that he can read my mind and know exactly what I want.
The final product was just immaculate, it was the talk of the town until now. Phil’s work ethic is second to none and I was so glad that I was dealing with him.
Angie Tye – (Multi-National Mining Corporation)
Phil Judd is a member of The Australian Cartoonists Association.
Graphic Recording Information
Graphic Recording Example 2 illustrates the use of a Pre-Created Graphic Recording Artwork.
If you would like more information about Live Graphic Recording or Pre-Created Graphic Recording Artwork, as in Graphic Recording Example 2, click on the links below:-
Graphic Recording Enquiries
If you are interested in something similiar to Graphic Recording Example 2, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, go to our Graphic Recording forms below:-